PFS Aggregates for
Concrete Sand In-Bulk Silica Sand
PFS Aggregates, we produce, supply, and deliver large quantities of concrete sand to customers in a broad range of industries. We provide concrete sand in bulk and in packaged quantities of 50 lb paper or plastic bags and 3,000 lb super sacks, as well as offering customized bagging options to suit your specific requirements.
With over 80 years of experience in sand production and processing, our team produces high-quality concrete sand at excellent prices and provides seamless customer support from your order through to delivery.
We can also provide expert assistance on the various applications our sand is suitable for across industries including construction, building materials, and more.
What is Concrete Sand?
Concrete sand is a coarse, washed sand. It consists of larger grains than building sand or brick sand, and is processed and screened to ensure that no pebbles or rocks are present.
High quality concrete sand is a washed sand, keeping the turbidity (existence of impurities) low to avoid breakdowns in the binding properties and strength of the concrete.That makes it a legitimate option for any application that requires clean and graded sand.
The two main characteristics of concrete sand are:
- A larger grain size reduces the amount of water retained and gives it excellent drainage properties when used as a foundation layer for paving or landscaping.
- A low silt and clay content contributes to its drainage properties and prevents it from eroding paving slabs.
What is Concrete Sand Used For?
Concrete sand is a common ingredient in cement and asphalt mixtures and can be used for a wide range of applications. That includes everything from creating a course and stable base for slabs and block paving to bricklaying, external rendering, and making concrete based products.
How Much Concrete Sand Will I Need to Complete my Project?
That depends on the specific application. For expert advice, please get in touch to discuss your project with our team. If you have a specific project in mind and aren’t sure what type of sand you may need, please give us a call and talk to one of our experts.
How Do I Know if Concrete Sand is Right for My Project?
Our sand has a variety of building applications that can be used for so many projects, here are a few ways in which you can use our concrete sand to make sure your project is strong and durable.
- Render and floor screeds – Screed is a thin layer of concrete that’s poured over the base concrete to provide a flat, smooth surface that the final floor or wall covering can be applied to. Using concrete sand in screed provides more strength than other types of sand.
- Laying patio or paving slabs – Concrete sand is often used when laying paving courses for patios, paths, and driveways. Concrete has a low salt and silt content, which prevents the paving slabs that lie on top of it from being eroded or damaged. It also provides excellent drainage.
- Concrete – Sand is commonly mixed with cement to create concrete, a strong construction material.
- Tough mortar – Concrete sand is ideal for mixing with other types of sand to increase the strength of the mortar used for bricklaying and pointing. Adding concrete sand to the mortar creates a thicker layer of mortar and prevents cracking during the drying process.
To get a quote or more information, please call PFS Aggregates on 325.425.0866 today.